28 February 2010

Engaged & Korea









Well, yet again I have been slacking on getting things in this. It's been a busy few months but I will try to keep it short and simple. The best news first, I was able to go home in December for Christmas which was great and I was also lucky enough to get a yes from my girlfriend Zelli after I asked her that one particular question. So now I am engaged, very happy with it. We don't have a date yet, but hopefully planning on May-July 2011. So get ready to party.

Other news...I am currently deployed overseas to Korea. I got here in January and so far it has been quite the adventure. The culture here is way different than the United States. It isn't bad though, I'm really glad I got the opportunity to come here and see a different culture. The food is great. Bulgogi, yaki mandu, kimchi...it's all pretty good food. The Korean people are pretty reserved but polite. I've had the opportunity to go out into the nearby city a few times and see everything as well as go to the DMZ between North and South Korea. That was a once in a lifetime event, it really made me see why we are here and the importance of being here. I've gotten a lot of pictures, some of which I posted on here. Work so far has been alright, I work nights so it takes a bit getting used to those hours. So far it's basically been work, eat, gym, sleep and work again. I like it, but I will be happy to go home to the United States. This has actually made me miss Mountain Home, which I never thought I would say. But also it will be nice to be only halfway across a country from Zell instead of on the other side of the world. I miss her a lot.

That's all for now. Hope everyone is doing well.

2 comments:

  1. It's always so nice to catch up and hear what's going on in your life. The pictures are great. Scott tells me you've posted some on FB. I'll have to go on an check them out. We're going to the Lucerne Inn thing morning to celebrate Destiny's Birthday. Wish you were able to join us. Actually, Zelli won't be able to either because of the snowstorms they've been having in Farmington, so it looks like we'll be missing you both.
    Take good care of yourself and keep enjoying that wonderful Korean food!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ty - glad that you've posted new updated info on your blog--- it's always great to hear the info and see the pics - keep up the good work! love ya....

    ReplyDelete